11.22.2012

Turkey Day Lesson in Supply and Demand

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Today's lesson in supply and demand is provided by turkey - the food, not the nation.

For various reasons, I was unable to make it home for the holiday this year. However, I really like Thanksgiving dinner, including turkey.

That said, I would probably miss it if I didn't have any turkey at all over the next few days. However, since I have no particular reason for 'doing' Thanksgiving today, I will instead wait until tomorrow to purchase a turkey, and will be able to do so at a steep discount to the prices of the past week.

After all, stores can only hold onto fresh turkeys for so long, and almost everyone else who was going to eat turkey this week already bought a bird. I am thinking about $0.30 a pound should do the trick...

No comments:

Post a Comment